Rock Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rock Brigade

A forum for the fans of Def Leppard

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sav Q&A from Kerrang (unknown date)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Melissa~

~Melissa~

Number of posts : 207
Job/Hobbies : Gerry's personal promoter
Registration date : 2007-03-02

Sav Q&A from Kerrang  (unknown date) Empty
PostSubject: Sav Q&A from Kerrang (unknown date)   Sav Q&A from Kerrang  (unknown date) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:14 pm

http://www.savageattitude.com/Kerrang.html

My Record Collection

The ultimate guide to the sounds the stars have on their stereos.
This week Def Leppard;s Rick Savage talks to Paul Brannnigan….

FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT?

"My first album was probably Propaganda by Sparks, which I got in 1974 and still think is a fantastic record. The first single I got was Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush, which I got in 1978 when I was 16 and totally in love with her.

LAST RECORD YOU BOUGHT?

"An album by a Canadian girl called Jann Arden. With Alanis Morissette being popular, it's well trendy to like Canadian girl singers now. The record is half country and half AOR, and she has a great song called "Insensitive" which has really meaningful lyrics. It's not heavy rock at all ,though."

RECORD THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE?

"Easy, Sheer Heart Attack' by Queen. I remember exactly when too- May 1974. Our original drummer lived about 150 yards from our comprehensive school, so rather than staying in at lunchtime we'd go to his house and listen to records. One day, he stuck in Sheer Hear Attack. I had liked Queen before just from singles I'd heard, but within 40 seconds of "Brighton Rock" I was blown away. It was the first time I'd heard heavy rock guitars and melodies and harmonies within the same song. Right then, a little lightbulb went off in my head and I knew that I wanted to be in a band. I could tell you exactly who wrote every Queen song ever."

RECORD YOU WISHED YOU COULD HAVE PLAYED ON?

"Egotistically, it'd be nice to have been part of the really classic albums, like some Fleetwwod Mac or Hendrix stuff. But I'd say "A Night at The Opera," by Queen. John Deacon's bass playing and songwriting on that album was very inspiring to me. Whenever I hear "You're My Best Friend " on classic radio in America I get a really nice feeling."

NAME SIX BANDS YOU"D PUT ON A COMPILATION ALBUM?

"Queen, obviously. The Beatles for their fantastic melodies. Led Zeppelin for the harder groove stuff. Crowded House, Squeeze and as a newer band, Stone Temple Pilots. I really like that band. I couldn't name individual tracks, but their use of harmonies is great. It's all about melodies for me,you see."

FAVE SOUNDTRACK ALBUM?

"Ennio Morricones's soundtrack to my favourite film "Once Upon A Time In America" - truly f**king fantastic. I can recite every single bar of that album; it reigns supreme. I'm not usually that anal about films, but I've got six versions of that film in addition to the CD and tape."

RECORD YOU'D PLAY BEFORE A NIGHT ON THE RAZZ?

"Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell', easily the best thing he's done. The songs, the production, Steve Steven's guitar is great … everything about the album is great and gets me pumped up."

RECORD YOU'D PLAY AFTER A NIGHT ON THE RAZZ?

"I'm not usually into hangover music, but anything by Kate Bush would do, although that would drive most people around the bend. She's tremendously talented and has a fabulous grasp of melody and song structure, "Hounds Of Love" being particularly gorgeous. The fact that I've been in love with her for years is irrelevant!"

THREE ALBUMS YOU'S GIVE 5 K's TO?

"The first Crowded House album, Queen's Sheer Heart Attack (at the risk of being a boring bastard) and Tiny Music…by Stone Temple pilots. I love the fact that it's not overly commercial, it's very natural and understated. They've introduced jazz alongside pop and metal, and the rhythm section is one of the best I've heard within the rock sphere."

ALBUM YOU'D RECOMMEND TO A KERRANG! READER?

"Machine Head" by Deep Purple. Again, it's got such great melodies alongside the riffs. I'm not the biggest fan of Deep Purple in the world, but I do love that album. It stands the test of time really well."

Last edited by on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VivGirl
Admin
VivGirl

Female
Number of posts : 604
Job/Hobbies : Viv's Pet Monkey
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Sav Q&A from Kerrang  (unknown date) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sav Q&A from Kerrang (unknown date)   Sav Q&A from Kerrang  (unknown date) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Awww..Sav likes Crowded House too lol!
Back to top Go down
https://rockbrigade.niceboard.com

Sav Q&A from Kerrang (unknown date)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Brigade :: The Band :: Rick Savage-
Jump to: